Calendar Pages -- Indonesian Textile Cruise-Tribal Weaving of the lesser Sunda Islands - NEW UPDATES
May 08th, 2014 to May 19th, 2014
Indonesian Textile Cruise-Tribal Weaving of the lesser Sunda Islands - NEW UPDATES
Indonesian Textile Cruise - NEW UPDATES
The enhanced itinerary for next year’s Indonesian Textile Cruise is now up on the SeaTrek website. Some of the improvements include:
● an exhilarating journey to a ceremonial village on the slopes of a volcano on Lembata,
● an audience with the King of the Amarasi in West Timor
● a welcome by horseback riders dressed in traditional costume near where Captain Cook moored HMS Endeavour on Savu
● visits to the spectacular villages of Bena and Gurusina on Flores
● and extra time on Sumba visiting royal villages where the quality of the textiles is outstanding.
For more information about the cruise go to:
To download a PDF brochure go to
To see more images of some of the places they will visit go to:
Asian textile enthusiasts with a love of adventure and Indonesian ikat may be interested in joining a small group of like-minded people to sail around the Lesser Sunda Islands in Eastern Indonesia from May 8 to May 19, 2014, visiting local village dyers and weavers. The tour will be led by British researchers David and Sue Richardson who have a special passion for Indonesian textiles and have travelled to almost every part of the archipelago during the past twenty-five years.
Please Note: This is a courtesy announcement and does not imply that TTS endorses or recommends this event.